Deborah Pearce Counselling, Kelowna BC
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor
Somatic Trauma Therapist
Extended Benefits & Injury Coverage
Providers, Billing and Coverage:
Many Extended Benefits Plans insure counselling services by a registered counsellor.
Deborah Pearce ACCT BC Registered ID #1058
- Registered with Green Shield Canada, SSQ Financial
- ACCT Approved by Pacific Blue Cross, Sun Life, Equitable Life of Canada, Claimsecure
- Crime Victim Assistance Program: For those approved by CVAP for therapy coverage due to trauma incurred by criminal violence, either directly, as immediate family members, and/or witnessing criminal violence.
- ICBC Vehicle Accident cases are now only being accepted after your claim and settlement processes are complete. Due to the excessive work involved, the decision has been made to decline ICBC cases.
- Others: WorkSafe BC claimants; also out of province, ie: CICB Ontario, SGI Saskatchewan
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, Deborah Pearce RTC MTC SEP is a member of the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT), member of FACTBC moving toward regulation in Britich Columbia aligning with standards for regulation in Canada.
Advocacy on behalf of Clients with Insurance Providers:
The Association of Cooperative Counsellors of Canada has successfully lobbied with insurance companies, and continues. Many providers previously covering only Social Workers, Psychologists, or RCC’s now equally cover Registered Therapeutic Counsellors.
Manulife apparently reviews on a case-by-case basis; generally does not recognize any counselling association, and broadly covers psychologists, social workers and MFC’s (marriage and family counsellors). On a case by case basis ACCT Counsellors have reported approval of their clients’ counselling coverage.
Great West Life – check your plan for recent changes. Previously GWL has recognized only Registered Psychologists.
Pending Approval: Neurological Wellness Association, Empire Life, and Medavie Blue Cross
Office payment policy: Clients pay directly and are reimbursed by their providers. When booking it is always recommended to check your extended benefits plan for coverage.
Let nothing stand in your way of getting the help you need.
Your well-being is worth every effort. The cost of therapy in view of the benefits of a better life, is really very little.